A look at Bemidji...
Zip Code 56601: 32,827
75 Mile Radius: 140,000
Elevation: 1,343 feet above sea level
The average mean annual temperature in Bemidji is 37.3 degrees.
Spring 52°F/29°F Summer 77°F/54°F
Fall 51°F/33°F Winter 20°F/0°F
Average Rainfall: 23.8"
Average Snowfall: 41.1"
- Bemidji is known as the Curling Capital of the World
- Bemidji acts as a regional center for shopping, arts, entertainment, education, health services, worship and government services.
- Bemidji is the First City on the Mississippi
- Over 400 lakes are located in a 25 mile radius
- Bemidji is home to the statues of Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox, built in 1937
- Lake Bemidji is 6,400 acres and is 76 ft. deep, there are 6 public access points.
- Lake Bemidji freezes over. The average date is Nov. 26, the average ice-out date is April 26
- Bemidji is home to 3 colleges: Bemidji State Univeristy, Northwest Technical College and Oak Hills Christian College